Thursday 11 April 2013

Not so Maersk-ciful after all...



Maersk was the one and only company I sought for and the dream company I plan to conduct my industrial training. Receiving news that I was shortlisted was both good and bad news. Good news is that I was shortlisted; bad news is that I was trembling as I was not sure how to prepare myself for the interview. Therefore, in order to prepare myself for the interview, I made several preparations. First of all, I went shopping to buy myself a suit in order to look professional during the interview and this was the EASIEST and MOST FUN part. 

Secondly, I read several times over and over on the company’s profile and background along with the many businesses it runs to enhance my company knowledge. Maersk being a huge company definitely had countless information that was indeed a DIFFICULT task for me to know all of it.


However, this was not the hardest of them all, preparing myself for various sorts of interview questions, for example “what is your greatest strength?”, “why should I hire you?” and “why are you better than the other candidates?” are definitely tougher. Therefore, I browsed through the internet to attain top interview questions and prepared the answers beforehand in order to develop the best answer possible for the respective questions.

On top of that, Maersk is not only known for being the number 1 logistic company, it is also known for the many tests they have its candidates to undergo before going for an interview. For this, I was lost and had no idea on how to go about it. I tried searching on the internet for the test but was unable to do so. However, there a few posts by pass candidates regarding the type of questions that is IQ questions. Thus, I searched the internet for IQ quizzes in order for me to practice to prepare for Maersk test. This was somehow of help as I did not only prepare for the test, I was gaining knowledge.


Finally, the hardest and toughest of them all, which I believe I have not fully accomplished, was gaining the confidence. I practiced into the mirror countless times and had done mock interviews with my family and friends in order to gain more confidence. This definitely helped, although I would never say I am 100% confident. Fortunately, with all these preparations I was able to pull it through and was accepted into the company.




No comments:

Post a Comment