Wednesday 10 April 2013

Aint no mountain high enough



First of all, what does INTERNSHIP means?



An Internship provides real world experience for those who are aiming to obtain and discover the germane knowledge and skills required to enter in a specific career field. This is specifically essential for students who are about to complete their studies and relocating into a whole new world – working life. As a result, internship is the time where one has the opportunity to harness the knowledge gained from all that has learned in the classroom and applying it in a workplace setting. Many college students are required to do an internship, primarily focusing on exposing students to a particular field to determine if they have a genuine interest in that field.
In short, internships are an excellent way to begin building those all-important connections that are priceless in developing and upholding a strong professional network for the future. 


My Journey


     I was aware of this company, Maersk long before I was aware that I am required to undergo an internship. Maersk is a prestigious company and is currently the number 1 logistic company. I had always planned to join this company upon completing my degree. However, upon receiving news regarding my internship, I had all my eyes on Maersk and even rejected Nescafe Company. Maersk has always caught my eyes as I believe in order to learn to be the best; I need to be with the best. Therefore, my goal then was to join Maersk for internship and thankfully I was accepted by the company. It was beyond my imagination I was accepted, moreover, I was the only student from Taylor’s to be enrolled with Maersk for industrial training. At that point of time, my short term goal was to ensure I will endure all hardship and give a 110% to my training in order to achieve my long term goal, which is to join the company in future after completing my degree. Nonetheless, I was afraid I was not able to meet the company’s requirements as such a prestigious company is only successful with its more than capable employees. With that thought in mind, I have always reminded myself before and during the training to never give up and even at the verge of giving up, hold on, because in order to achieve a goal in life, one has to give all he or she can. Alike the quote, there’s no mountain high enough”.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment